> repo's root directory.)
>
> > PS: I noticed that you are also working on the RxDOS kernel. Is it
> stable?
>
> No, far from it. And I'm not technically working on it currently. Haven't
> in a long time. You can view the current state in the repo:
> https://hg.pushbx.org/ecm/rxdos-7.2x/

I'm happy to see this updated EDR-DOS 7.01.08 WIP! EDR-DOS repository also got a Github mirror.

Now that the license is opened - it would be great if the EDR-DOS branch gets reunited with DR-DOS 7.07.

Matthias Paul once wrote:

> I still have not completely lost hope, that at some fine day in the future the current owner of the DR-DOS assets may decide that its commercial life is finally over and that it is due to open source the system. This would make it possible to reunificate the different code branches to create the most advanced DR-DOS ever for all its fans. Well, well... ;-)

So, if he gets contacted (e.g. via his Wikipedia talk page?) in these improved license circumstances, maybe he can help with:

- DR-DOS 7.07 (Kernel and drive tools?) - binary/source?
- WinGlue/WinBolt (ability to run Win9x) - in case that's not possible in DR-DOS 7.06 and 7.07.
-- binary/source?
-- is combined BIOS+BDOS file mandatory? Or separate files IBMBIO.COM, IBMDOS.COM, MSDOS.SYS (settings text file), IO.SYS (if such kind of placeholder/redirect is needed) can exist at the same time?
-- can DR-DOS 7.07 boot from Win9x/Me boot sectors? Does DR-DOS 7.07 include all functionality from DR-DOS 7.06?
-- boot logo, etc. Win9x settings in MSDOS.SYS/WINBOOT.INI - any issues with those?
- optionally loadable multi-user security extension - (World/Group/Owner) access permission system - DR DOS "Panther" BETA 1 - birnary/source for that?
- DR-DOS 7.03 source (Kernel or full software package)?

Did you ask Bryan Sparks (the DRDOS owner) if he can help with any of these?

Also, what about:
- DR-DOS 8.0/8.1 - are there any Kernel/IBMBIO/IBMDOS/COMMAND.COM changes in comparison with 7.01.06 and 7.03? FAT32 DELWATCH and SHARE, but those are external files?
- RxDOS - are there any changes not yet implemented in the EDR branch?
- What about functionalities from lDOS not yet implemented in the EDR branch? What is lDOS, actually?

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
21998 Postings in 2024 Threads, 395 registered users, 202 users online (0 registered, 202 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed