Forum index page

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view

--- DEATH --- (Developers)

posted by sol, 22.12.2007, 05:17

> No idea ... maybe the same as low-level disk repair tools from MS-DOG 5
> were thinking about
> link
> LFN's ? (I'm not Eep8088, just in case)

End your discussion if you want, since you're out of any form of valid argument :)

My wording "private specification" was not very clear, and I apologize. I mean that it's a specification created by one person (or two?) with no "community" support. FreeDOS doesn't support it, MS-DOS, Linux, etc.

As far as ms-dos 5 disk scanners go - who gives a shit? That was MS releasing a new version of its OS along with new versions of the scanners.

This is a new "specification" that breaks FAT32, which *many* operating systems recognise and are capable of scanning. Any could break it.

There are very very few DOS users here that are only using DOS (and say arachne or Lynx) - most people are dual booting. They will have problems.

Windows reads/writes FAT32. Linux reads/writes FAT32. FreeBSD reads/writes FAT32. This is a useful feature. One can share files between OSes this way.

Why not have DOS read/write UFS, FFS, ReiserFS or another Unix FS? This would make DOS more useful and powerful. This would be a lot better than having a shitty new spec that no other OSes support.

Complete thread:

Back to the forum
Board view  Mix view
21998 Postings in 2024 Threads, 395 registered users, 195 users online (0 registered, 195 guests)
DOS ain't dead | Admin contact
RSS Feed